Entrepreneurship and Business
Connect, Lead, Motivate
A pathway where entrepreneurial vision, leadership and commerce strategy unite. Programs in this CAP will teach you finance, business and office management skills that will prepare you for careers in the government, in the private sector or to run your own business. Businesses may include building and construction management, culinary arts, digital publishing, energy management, horticulture, music technology or welding.
Do any of these describe you?
- I enjoy achieving goals through quality team work.
- I like working in a structured environment.
- I enjoy working with my hands.
- I feel satisfied when I see the results of my hands-on work.
- I am willing to take risks.
- I like working with money and finances.
- I feel accomplished when I make order out of chaos.
- I enjoy leading, motivating, supporting and influencing those around me.
- I prefer to manage and support projects.
- I want to start my own business or nonprofit.
- I am interested in how to strategize and negotiate.
If so, you may be interested in a career in Entrepreneurship and Business.
Creative Arts and Design
Global and Human Studies
- I like to create things or imagine new ideas.
- I prefer working in unstructured environments.
- I like to express myself through different mediums.
- I’m excited to make things that inform or entertain people.
- I enjoy being around creative individuals.
- I’m an independent, original or innovative thinker.
- I enjoy communicating ideas.
- I’m excited to interpret other people's art.
- I find working with a team to produce something rewarding.
- I like to perform in front of others.
Health and Public Service
- I aim to understand the world we live in.
- I enjoy helping people learn, heal and grow.
- It’s fun for me to learn about different cultures.
- I am multilingual or desire to be.
- I enjoy communicating ideas or data.
- I like playing with words and writing.
- I often ask why things happen in society.
- I find myself advocating for others.
- I like making a difference.
- I debate and discuss different topics.
- I enjoy analyzing beyond the surface level.
Science,Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- I’m action oriented.
- I care about the wellbeing and safety of others.
- I value order, standards and routines.
- I like providing service to others.
- I enjoy teaching, counseling or training.
- I am organized.
- I enjoy solving problems.
- I am interested in how the body works.
- I can remain calm in stressful situations.
- I’m curious about how the universe works.
- I like using my mind to solve problems, especially if it involves using math or science.
- I am drawn to nature and the natural world.
- It’s fun for me to take things apart to understand how they work.
- I thrive in self-directed environments.
- I find it rewarding to figure out complicated problems and intellectual challenges.
- I enjoy developing theories or hypotheses.
- I like to study, conduct research, or work in a lab.
Check out the programs in the Entrepreneruship and Business CAP
Accounting, Administrative Support, Building Inspection and Construction Codes, Business, Business Administration, Business Information Worker, Computer Applications and Business Technology, Construction Management, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management, Digital Media: Digital Publishing, Digital Media: Web Media, Economics, Energy Management, Functional Nutrition, Horticulture: General Crop Production, Horticulture: Landscaping, Horticulture: Sustainable Agriculture, Music Technology and Recording Arts, Welding
Ready to get started? Find the suggested map of courses for your program.
Questions or want to change your CAP?
Academic counselors are here to help! Services are being provided remotely.
Resources and Information for Entrepreneurship and Business Students
Join a Student Club to connect with students who share your interests.
Consider if a Learning Community is a good fit for you and your educational goals.
Connect with the Computer Technology Center for help with some CAP-specific subjects. (Services are available remotely!)
Connect with the HUB Learning Resource Center or the Integrated Learning Center for help with additional subjects. (Services are available remotely!)